Hey guys! It's time for another installment of Friday Five! I am linking up with the lovely ladies of DC for Friday Five: Courtney at Eat Pray Run DC, Cynthia at You Signed up for What?, and Mar at Mar on the Run. This week's theme is "Fall Preview". I believe fall begins on September 22, so I'm going off that date haha.
1. BibRave Pro Ambassador. If you didn't see my post yesterday (or my Twitter announcement), I was accepted as a BibRave Pro Ambassador this week :) You can read more about it here. I'm looking forward to spreading the BibRave love over the next few months, and sharing my race reviews on BibRave.com.
2. Wine and Dine Half Marathon. As of now, my only fall half marathon is this one at Walt Disney World. This could change, but I'm pretty certain this will be my favorite ;)
3. Dopey Challenge Training amps up. The miles begin to increase starting in the fall, as well as some high mileage back-to-back days. I'll have my longest run to date in early October (15 miles! Ahhh!). I get nervous just thinking about it haha. I still question my decision to register for this bad boy, seeing as it'll also be my first marathon. I have confidence (or at least I tell myself I'm confident) that with the training I'm putting in, I'll be ok. I think I'll have to switch up a few weeks to accommodate races, weddings, and other events. I mean, life just really gets in the way of training sometimes ;)
4. Chicago Marathon. While I am not running in the Chicago Marathon, I do plan on going to cheer on some friends, family, and Twitter/Blog pals.
5. Thanksgiving. I do love Thanksgiving (I much prefer turkey over ham like at Easter) and all of the food and family time. I run a 4 mile Turkey Trot the morning of, which makes me feel a
lot little less guilty about eating all. the. food.
What's your fall schedule looking like? Anything you're excited for?